2020 Rainbow Family Vision Counsel Consensus
[Notes: Rainbow Family Counsel was held on most days of the 2020 annual gathering. Many spoke, maybe hundreds. A few consensus were dabbled with, but none passed. Those conversations continued in Vision Counsel. Possibly over 50 spoke on the 7th day. Due to multiple editors, punctuation style and terms may vary slightly throughout the document.]
Day 1: We the People, being individuals present at Rainbow Family Vision Counsel at the 49th annual Rainbow Gathering of Living Light in the Payette National Forest on the 7th day of July 2020, convene and consecrate our manifest through Consensus by Silence.
1. We reaffirm that our living vision thrives and relies upon Consensus found on the land in Open Counsel.
2. Consensus is our very best means of advising, but is not binding, and new advice or current situation may cultivate new consensus from individuals present when the people gather in counsel on the land.
3. We suggest that Harvest Counsel be called as close as feasible to the consented 2021 Gathering region, on the weekend of the full moon after the fall equinox.
4. We encourage individuals to share all of the vision counsel consensus instead of just part of it.
5. With great joy and abundant enthusiasm, we invite all who carry hope and intent to join us in a morning of Silence from dawn until noon to constitute World Peace through inner peace, and to Gather with Open Hearts for the 50th rainbow gathering July 1-7 2021, and to counsel our vision on the seventh day, somewhere in the regions of: Santa Fe, Carson, Cibola, Lincoln, Gila, Apache, Coconino, Kaibab Prescott … in a National Forest.
6. We call for a discussion on Rainbow Caravans to be held on July 1st at Main Counsel.
7. The Earth as a whole is the common heritage and responsibility of the life borne upon her.
8. We close the 2020 Vision Counsel with a silent passing of the feather.
[Notes: Less than 20 folks spoke on the second day, though others listened formally throughout. There were a few other proposals attempted, and discussed at length by a core dozen who had listened sufficiently to rightfully feel deserving of opinions, and shared freely. In midafternoon they felt formality was satisfied. More detailed notes of VC are available.]
Be aware, there are other rainbow family individuals who would also like to gather in Idaho 2021 and so there may be a rainbow family gathering in that state as well. Their decision to gather is just as valid as any other peoples decisions and counsel process. All respect to the family that can work together, share a common bond and be free across the lands. We are peaceful and egalitarian.
This is a huge push for a Colorado Family Gathering in 2021 as well. Many people would like to see a reunion in Colorado as an anniversary gathering celebrating the 50 years of gathering on the land. Much conversation is still happening on that front. If the energy exists it will happen.
There will be an (A) Gathering of the Tribes in the Ozarks region of the United States July 1st through 7th, 2021. The AGOTT family gatherings are usually well attended gatherings and have a simple focus to gather in the name of peace. This gathering was postponed in 2020 for several reasons. Please consider joining us if you are in the area.
People are encouraged to gather where you are as well. Work with your local regional family and prepare a local rainbow gathering for those who may not be able to travel long distances or in case the Novel Covid-19 is still a consideration. We can grow and become in beautiful ways. Feel free to bust a move and make gathering a family thing, build that local circle.
We will continue our prayers, confident that we can accomplish more together than any of us could alone.